INTEGRA MASTER PROGRAM® (IMP)
The Integrative Approach to Communication Disorders
Integra Master Program® (IMP) is a complex and intensive holistic intervention, which integrates all domains having a direct or indirect impact on the child’s communication disorder. In order to build each individual therapeutic and educational plan, a comprehensive neuropsychological, academic and sensory-motor assessment is carried out beforehand. The assessment results shape a complete developmental profile, in which all psychomotor, language, cognitive, social and emotional deficits are taken into account, as well as any immaturities and educational gaps. This complete developmental profile serves as the basis for the child’s individual IMP intervention. IMP follows the natural developmental stages and combines the traditional therapeutic and instructional approaches with the last neuroscience advances in neuromodulation through state of the art computer-based and non-computer-based modules.
INTEGRA MASTER PROGRAM® is not limited to but comprises the following main elements:
- Original therapeutic protocols to develop:
- Receptive language
- Expressive language
- Grammatically correct phrase speech, sentences and connected text
- Pragmatic language skills to initiate a conversation and carry on a dialogue
- Literacy development:
- Multi-sensory approach to dyslexia, non-specific reading disorders or other learning disabilities
- Rapid automatized naming to assist the intervention of all types of reading disorders through improving fluency
- Reading comprehension
>> Differentiated approach when the problem lies in symbol imagery (most common in dyslexia) and when it lies in concept imagery (most common in autism and in serious receptive language impairment).
>> Starting with individually adapted texts for children with autism or other developmental problem with a specific or comorbid language disorder
- Development of mathematical thinking and basic mathematical literacy
- High technology – during the last years, the development of high-technology programs to help children with developmental problems is on the rise. IMP uses extensively some evidence-based high tech tools:
- Sound stimulation or listening therapy – iLS programs for sensory-motor development, attention and concentration, auditory processing and reading, socialization
- Speech & Language modules with the technology tool VoicePro
- Timing and Rhythm therapy – replications of rhythmic patterns with gradually increasing difficulty; Interactive Metronome
- Computer programs developing analytical thinking, processing speed, categorization skills, concentration and memory
- Computer programs for language development by topics
- Computer programs for developing basic language literacy skills
- Computer programs for developing basic mathematical literacy skills
- Neuromodulation – encompasses all neuroscience-based non-invasive and safe means, developed in order to affect brain activity (usually high technology devices are meant in this respect).
- Neuromodulation in Computer programs developing analytical thinking, processing speed, categorization skills, concentration and memory is accomplished via the high technology programs cited above, but also via traditional speech and language therapy and instruction/education. In case it is needed, specific cognitive-behavioural approaches are also used. Brain is plastic at all ages and especially during childhood. We create neural pathways not only through high technology tools though. Every kind of therapy, every kind of instructional method, the way we educate our children, the way we react or don’t react to wanted and unwanted behaviours – all that shapes their brains in one direction or another.
- In some cases, hemispheric stimulations supporting only right or only left hemisphere functions can also give very good results. Such are developed by Prof. Dirk J. Bakker specifically for dyslexia and by Dr. Robert Melillo for other developmental problems too.
- Play therapy
- Development of functional play, following its natural development in neurotypical kids
- Development of pretend play, following its natural development in neurotypical kids
- Use of play elements for developing language, cognitive functions and social skills
- An evidence-based variety of play therapy, which is mediated by peers to reach the above goals
- Sensory-motor intervention
- For gross motor problems or difficulties
- For fine motor problems or difficulties and for systematic development of graphomotor skills
- For retained primitive reflexes and immature postural reflexes
- Feeding intervention
- For chewing issues or other feeding disorders, difficulties or peculiarities
- Detailed informative consultation for the family on the existing tests and types of dietary interventions for children with developmental problems
How to enrol in INTEGRA MASTER PROGRAM®?
• Enrolments in Integra Master Program® is possible only in case of vacancies, irrespective of how early the request was stated. The specifics of the program imply a limited number of children the team can work with and a minimum of one-year enrolment of each child. Most of the times, the enrolment lasts longer.
• Enrolments for the in-person delivery of Integra Master Program® are scheduled at the beginning of each school year (up to the end of September). Children can join in the program on a later stage only by exception, when there are vacancies and when the individual case allows the completion of all required modules before the summer vacation.
• Enrolments for online delivery of Integra Master Program® may be scheduled year-round
• Enrolment in IMP happens after the previous completion and analysis of several checklists and the performance of a comprehensive neuropsychological, academic and sensory-motor assessment. The results shape the complete developmental profile of the child, which serves as the basis for their individual therapeutic and educational plan.
The assessment fee is 500 BGN, which is approximately 256 euros*. The fee is due in advance via bank transfer, only after a previous discussion of the case, a confirmation that the program is suitable for the child and there are vacancies at the moment. A proforma invoice is issued for the payment. After the payment is completed, an invoice is issued on request.
Currently, IMP is offered in the following packages:
- Integra Master Program® Basic
- Duration: two-hour sessions three times per week (6 hours per week)
- Content: iLS programs are not included in the IMP Basic Package. Some other modules described above are not included either – modules are prioritized according to child’s individual needs
- Fee: 40 BGN – approximately 20 euros* per hour (960 BGN or 480 euros for a set of 4 weeks).
- Integra Master Program® Basic Intensive
- Duration: Two-hour sessions five times per week (10 hours per week).
- Content: not all the modules described above are included in the IMP Basic Intensive Package. Modules are prioritized according to child’s individual needs
- Fee: 35 BGN – approximately 18 euros* per hour (1400 BGN or 720 euros for a set of 4 weeks).
- Integra Master Program® Standard
- Duration: three-hour sessions five times per week (15 hours per week)
- Content: not all the modules described above are included in the IMP Standard Package. Modules are prioritized according to child’s individual needs
- Fee: 30 BGN – approximately 15 euros* per hour (1800 BGN or 900 euros for a set of 4 weeks).
- Integra Master Program® Complete
- Duration: four-hour sessions five times per week (20 hours per week)
- Content: all the modules described above are included in the IMP Complete Package Modules are prioritized according to child’s individual needs
- Fee: 25 BGN – approximately 13 euros* per hour (2000 BGN or 1040 euros for a set of 4 weeks).
- Integra Master Program® Online
- Specifics: This version of IMP is strictly individual, as far as assessments and intervention modules are concerned. As it is a distance program, it is carried out by a parent or a caregiver and varies depending on each family’s capacity to ensure the necessary equipment and quality of performance needed for the different modules. After the previous discussion of each case, an individual offer is prepared. It includes the possible assessments and interventions, their organization and timing, the type and amount of professional support available and the corresponding fee. IMP Online is most appropriate for early intervention (0 to 6-year-olds) but it can be successfully delivered to older children also.
- Duration: five-seven times per week. Hours depend on the individual case – see Specifics above.
- Content: depends on the individual case – see Specifics above.
- Fee: individual offer depending on the case – see Specifics above.
* 1 euro is equivalent to 1.95583 BGN (Bulgarian currency – lev)
NB! VAT is not included in the prices.
After specifying which the package of choice is, a proforma invoice is issued for the payment of the respective fee. Then the fee is prepaid via bank transfer for four weeks in advance. The exact amount depends on the number of hours included in the chosen package. Subsequent payments, when prepaid hours are already spent, are also due for four weeks in advance. After payments are completed, invoices are issued on request.
The child does not lose their prepaid hours, in case sessions are missed due to an illness or another valid reason. After the child resumes classes, readjustment of schedules is needed, in order for them to catch up. Some neurological modules, as iLs programs for instance, require starting from the beginning, if more than 3 successive sessions have been missed. Given the above, absences for non-valid reasons are not tolerated. In case such happen on a regular basis, the child is subject to exclusion from the program.